- In September, the IRS and Treasury Department released final regulations providing guidance regarding the deduction and capitalization of expenditures related to tangible property (commonly known as the repair and maintenance regulations). The final regulations will affect all taxpayers that acquire, produce, or improve tangible property.
- When entering into a preliminary agreement to purchase a going concern it is considered prudent for the buyer to contract independent professionals to conduct a quality of earnings study in order to validate the buyer's investment thesis.
- Whether it is through misappropriation of assets, theft of inventory, or the reputational damage that results from fraud, the threat continues to be of concern.
- Companies with unrecognized tax benefits have been without explicit guidance on how to properly report such items on their financial statements in some circumstances.
- As a mature yet innovative company, Besser's needs include qualified audit and tax assistance, guidance on various business matters, international consulting, and specialized tax advice.
- Previous Next