- Baker Tilly specialists in mergers and acquisitions, tax, and estate planning discuss how to develop an overall financial plan for business and personal matters.
- Since May 2012, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) has been working with the Private Company Council (PCC) to determine whether alternatives to existing US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards are appropriate for private company financial statements. Two new accounting standard updates mark the first concrete steps toward providing relief from burdensome and costly requirements for private companies that need or are required to have financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Private Company Council (PCC) recently released new guidance that sheds light on how they will determine whether to grant private companies that adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) some exceptions to those standards when preparing financial statements.
- As the owners of a company contemplate selling, the historic state and local tax filings and activities will be a focus of a sophisticated buyer. It’s important for both the buyer and the seller to take into consideration all material state and local filing positions before concluding a sale.
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) has issued an interim Standard, IFRS 14, and Regulatory Deferral Accounts. IFRS 14 is effective from January 1, 2016, with early application permitted.
- Previous Next