- Maryland taxpayers should be aware of two tax updates: First, the US Supreme Court agreed to hear the Wynne case and, second, the governor recently signed legislation changing the state’s estate tax exemption.
- This presentation discusses a framework for expansion into the European Union, including the financial and legal benefits, risks, and ramifications of expanding into Europe.
- Explore the costs, methods, penetrators, and victims of occupational fraud.
- For years, risk governance meant risk management, with a relatively narrow focus on specific areas: loans, legal, and possibly IT. Then, everything went sideways in 2008-2009, and regulators saw the need for a more proactive, comprehensive risk governance strategy. Within the past five years, new rules and guidelines have begun changing the flaws regulators could see boards of directors were not engaged at the right level; board members and executives weren’t getting the right information to make informed decisions; and management didn’t have tools in place to facilitate a timely and comprehensive analysis of overall risk.
- A law firm counseling a government agency needed a firm that could discreetly perform inquiries and testing of the CFO’s financial transactions to explore for potentially fraudulent or imprudent transactions.
- Previous Next