- Colleges and universities around the nation have recently come under fire for their handling, or lack thereof, of sexual assault cases reported to campus officials. An increasing number of sexual assault survivors claim that college and university responses to sexual violence are inadequate, and the Obama administration has made awareness about campus sexual assault a signature issue at the White House.
- Upon deployment of the recognition logic, the company realized significant improvement in the accuracy of its price index.
- Baker Tilly’s 2014 midyear tax letter’s update on the Affordable Care Act discusses the many changes made by the Obama administration and the IRS to the ACA implementation and rules.
- After several years of deliberation among various NAIC committees and working groups, working capital finance investments (WCFIs) were approved as admitted assets for insurance companies effective January 1, 2014.
- On February 19, 2014 the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) announced it would abandon its rewrite of existing US GAAP through the Insurance Contracts Exposure Draft and instead focus on targeted improvements to the existing standards for long-duration contracts and targeted disclosure enhancements for short-duration contracts. On April 16, 2014 the FASB began its discussions on those improvements and disclosures that should be included in the scope of this project.
- Previous Next