- The proliferation of ETF funds in the past ten years has been significant and asset managers should expect that trend to continue.
- The 2013 Fall NAIC meeting concluded on December 18, 2013 in Washington, DC. A number of substantive and non-substantive agenda items, including various committee meeting summaries were addressed. Key technical accounting updates were discussed during the Statutory Accounting Principles Working Group and the Emerging Accounting Issues Working Group.
- On December 18, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) continued deliberations and tentatively decided to require all Not-For-Profit (NFP) entities to report expenses by functional and natural classification within their financial statements. Currently, all NFPs are required to report expenses by functional classification, but not by nature (salaries, benefits, repairs, etc.).
- Rodney Young, President and CEO of Delta Dental of Minnesota, describes how Baker Tilly has been an important resource to him and his senior management team.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued Accounting Standards Update 2013-12, Definition of a Public Business Entity (ASU 2013-12) in December 2013. This update provides a single definition of public business entity for use in future financial accounting and reporting guidance. Distinctions about which not-for-profit entities (NFPs) would receive financial accounting and reporting alternatives within US GAAP typically have been made on the basis of whether an NFP has public debt securities, including conduit debt.
- Previous Next