- As part of the JOBS Act, Congress directed the SEC to review the requirements related to Regulation A with an eye towards liberalizing the process and making it easier for emerging growth companies to raise capital.
- Historically, state and local taxes on commercial real estate developments and their managers and investors have been fairly straightforward. The state and local tax environment for real estate developers has changed gradually yet dramatically in recent years. New taxes and enforcement efforts by state and local governments require a heightened awareness on the part of commercial real estate businesses.
- Market and technology factors are creating disruption in credit unions’ key customer segments and offerings. Combined with continued lobbying by large banks to discontinue their tax exempt status, credit unions need to distinguish themselves to compete against banks and non-traditional financial institutions.
- Private foundations can be a great tool to meet the philanthropic needs of organizations. However, these organizations need to be careful when making distributions to avoid some common pitfalls.
- Over the past decade and especially during these recessionary times, many tax-exempt social and golf clubs have entertained the idea of what the world would be like if they decided to become a fully taxable club or a hybrid club under section 277.
- Previous Next