- Alan Whitman, CPA, Office Managing Partner, Baker Tilly, was featured in Crain’s Detroit Business recently when he was part of a panel giving advice to business startups on how to avoid common pitfalls.
- The utility business is a prime area for implementation of scorecard metrics due to the availability of data for many key performance indicators and the ability to drive performance improvements through incremental changes in operations.
- Baker Tilly Energy and Utilities team works with nearly 300 utilities nationwide. While we are not making scientific predictions, our interactions with our clients and the utility industry give us insights into utility trends for 2014.
- The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) mandates information reporting and withholding provisions to ensure that US persons (citizens, residents, and entities created or organized in the US or under the laws of the US) invested in or with non-US entities are identified with the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) must register with the IRS and comply with investor due diligence and verification procedures to identify US account holders.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board recently issued two Accounting Standard Updates that provide private companies with accounting alternatives for the subsequent measurement of goodwill and the accounting for certain interest rate swaps. What should businesses consider before adopting these provisions?
- Previous Next