- As 2015 opens with the promise of a resurgent mortgage market driven by lower rates and more accommodative policies, successful and sustainable solutions to how we fund housing in America must address three critical non-economic factors.
- An impromptu survey reveals what public officials worry most about and what makes them optimistic about the future.
- Insider threats have long been a concern for banks and other financial institutions and databases. According to a recent news report, Morgan Stanley accused a recently promoted financial analyst of downloading 350,000 records from its wealth management client database and subsequently posting 900 of those records to an internet bulletin board, Pastebin, in exchange for an obscure internet currency.
- Baker Tilly’s financial services specialists examined the increased regulatory scrutiny on evaluation of third party service providers, options available for vendors to provide independent third party assurance reporting, and the tenets of an effective vendor management program including: risk assessment, vendor due diligence, contracting and onboarding, and ongoing monitoring.
- 2014 was a transition year for determining who was subject to the Affordable Care Act employer mandate, but companies still may have some obligations to fulfill before 2014 W-2s are issued. A new year also means employers need to ramp up preparations for ACA-related reporting requirements.
- Previous Next