- As a trusted business advisor, CPAs are often seen by third parties, lenders, insurers, and realtors as sources of “comfort” with respect to the financial picture of the individuals that the third parties are considering for credit.
- In December 2013, the Financial Accounting Standards Board added a new definition to its master glossary with the issuance of Accounting Standards Update 2013-12, Definition of a Public Business Entity. The public business entity (PBE) definition will be used to determine which entities may apply the private company accounting and reporting alternatives within US generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) on a going-forward basis.
- As part of the JOBS Act, Congress directed the SEC to review the requirements related to Regulation A with an eye towards liberalizing the process and making it easier for emerging growth companies to raise capital.
- Historically, state and local taxes on commercial real estate developments and their managers and investors have been fairly straightforward. The state and local tax environment for real estate developers has changed gradually yet dramatically in recent years. New taxes and enforcement efforts by state and local governments require a heightened awareness on the part of commercial real estate businesses.
- Market and technology factors are creating disruption in credit unions’ key customer segments and offerings. Combined with continued lobbying by large banks to discontinue their tax exempt status, credit unions need to distinguish themselves to compete against banks and non-traditional financial institutions.
- Previous Next