- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently released a report that showed a decrease in hospital uncompensated care costs due to Medicaid expansion as a result of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). In April the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that it would delay implementation of the “two-midnight” rule until April 30. Read more to stay on pulse.
- Baker Tilly leveraged deep experience providing forensic accounting services to financial institutions to conduct an investigation into alleged misstatements in borrowings, identify theft, and misstatements related to investments.
- Forensic analysis focused on the possibility of misappropriations of claim payments through internal fraud. Baker Tilly developed testing procedures to identify areas susceptible to fraud and weakness in controls.
- Prior to the closing of the deal, certain outside directors were indicted by the US government and charged with numerous counts of fraud, misappropriation of assets, and obstruction of justice, as well as other charges related to business dealings outside of the bank. Baker Tilly was engaged to help determine the degree of involvement and influence the subject directors may have had on the bank’s operations and financial condition.
- Baker Tilly helps counsel for the buyer to quantify the lost profits associated with an alleged breach of the non-compete provision following an acquisition.
- Previous Next