- Baker Tilly’s January 27, 2015 healthcare update discusses issues at the agency, on the Hill, and in the courts. Read more to stay on pulse.
- 2015 marks the first year that an ORSA Summary Report must be filed with an insurer’s state of regulatory domicile. Some state regulators have already notified companies of the report due date, while other states have not. Regardless, all insurance companies that exceed the $500 million written premium threshold should be preparing the first drafts of their reports.
- A customer asserted a claim for damages related to actual and projected costs associated with the repair and remediation of allegedly defective products.
- A city’s rejections and delays of required location permits led to lost profits for vendors. Baker Tilly’s detailed analysis and expert testimony at deposition helped counsel quantify damages and settle the case.
- A metals broker alleged the “double sale” of a by-product of a manufacturing process that it had obtained the right to purchase and resell. Baker Tilly’s detailed analysis highlighted errors and inconsistencies in the claim.
- Previous Next