- Private foundations should consider three specific areas of self-dealing: payment of personal pledges, compensation to employees and board members, and paying or reimbursing expenses of disqualified persons or family members.
- When building a volunteer organization, optimizing volunteer resources and capitalizing on employee time are frequently the primary challenges. The common solution is to institute overarching committees of finance, nominating, programming and fundraising. However, due to this committee consolidation, audit and financial reporting responsibilities are added into the finance committee and often, despite the growth of an organization, never leave that committee – even though they should.
- The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) offers dollar-for-dollar tax reductions to employers that hire workers from certain targeted groups.
- In an era when banks are forced to hold more capital, the GSEs, which became insolvent during the financial crisis and needed a substantial infusion of capital to remain operational, have cut the minimum down payment for homebuyers.
- Benjamin Jurken of The ABC Group LLC interviewed David Tang, Baker Tilly China Practice Director, on the Price of Business. Given rare access into the investment landscape within Mainland China, David Tang provided valuable insight into China’s economy. Listen to the full audio of this interview.
- Previous Next