- Cory Wendt, Senior Manager with the energy and utility practice explains how understanding your consumption of utility resources can be better coordinated to create long-term savings for the company, as well as the utility. Making an energy decision is more than just cost per kilowatt hour. This article originally appeared in the Q2 2014 issue of Area Development magazine.
- While some processors are closing plants to eliminate redundancies, others are expanding to be in closer proximity to customers. Baker Tilly discusses what’s behind industry consolidation.
- In a recent issue of Construction Fraud, Baker Tilly advisors outlined how to protect your organization from fraudulent behaviors. Download, “An Ounce of Prevention: A Guide for Combating Fraud in Construction,” to detect problems early.
- Many tax-exempt organizations and employee benefit plans, such as pensions, IRAs and retirement plans, are attracted to hedge or private equity funds (Funds) as a method of realizing above-average returns on investments. Since related function or passive income is exempt from federal income tax, and many hedge or private equity investments are passive to the tax-exempt, most income generated from these entities can be generated free of federal and state income tax.
- Tom Harper, Executive Vice President and General Auditor of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, shares the key reasons his organization enjoys working with Baker Tilly.
- Previous Next