- Understanding insurance industry trends, NAIC developments, Financial Condition Examiners Handbook updates, and preparing for reviews of Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) are some of the key items for State regulators and insurer regulatory examination liaisons.
- Across the US, local efforts are emerging to address the lasting effect of the housing finance crisis on neighborhoods and accessibility to affordable housing.
- 2014 US middle-market M&A activity rebounded strongly from the prior year, with increases in both deal volume and deal value. Trending throughout the year was a higher number of bolt-on acquisitions by strategic corporate investors, in order to extend their current portfolios or reach new areas of growth.
- 2014 M&A activity in the food and beverage sector had another strong year in terms of both deal volume and value for the US and Canadian markets. Deal volume was in line with prior year at 564 transactions, while deal value was up 56 percent to $98 billion due to the closing of several mega-deals.
- Three years after implementation, the complex nature of Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) No. 101, Income Taxes, A Replacement of SSAP No. 10R and SSAP No. 10, continues to bring doubt and uncertainty to insurance companies, especially those without internal tax departments.
- Previous Next