- When a taxpayer sells an asset, generally, a gain is recognized to the extent the proceeds from the sale exceed the taxpayer’s basis in the asset. While in some circumstances this is an easy rule to implement, determining the proper basis of the asset sold is often difficult. The ruling in David C. Costello, et ux. v. Commissioner clarified the process.
- Corporations considering spin-offs to form REITs and operating REITs should be familiar with important developments resulting from the recently passed tax extenders legislation.
- Effective succession planning: dynamics, barriers, and success strategies - Baker Tilly presents succession planning basics, selling your business, and ownership transition
- How to effectively price a new premium product and understand price sensitivity.
- L.W. Allen, Inc. leverages Baker Tilly Capital, LLC to identify and secure the right buyer and the legacy of the business.
- Previous Next