- This article discusses the real meaning of transparency and whether the one-price model in auto retailing is a better way to sell vehicles than the traditional sales model of negotiating the vehicle price with customers. The pros and cons of each approach are explored.
- One job that should be at the top of a dealership’s year end priority list is conducting a recap of 2014 financial performance with their accountant. The review will provide a comprehensive snapshot of the dealership’s financial position toward the end of the year. It also will lay the groundwork for the 2015 financial forecast and budget. This article discusses some of the financial ratios that demand especially close attention, including gross and net profit margins, fixed costs, inventory turnover and current ratio.
- Baker Tilly helped Care Net Pregnancy Center of Dane County and Kothe Real Estate Partners secure a low-income housing tax credit award for new construction of a $5.7 million mixed-use building with 36 residential units and a child care facility.
- More punitive regulatory approach raises financial statement audit scrutiny: In the aftermath of the Great Recession, regulators have turned dramatically to a far more punitive approach in dealing with actual and alleged instances of noncompliance with laws and regulations by financial institutions. The increased presence of significant financial consequences, brings into greater light a financial statement auditing standard that previously had infrequent application and limited effect on the financial condition and results of reporting companies’ operations.
- At the recent Mortgage Bankers Association annual convention, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Director Met Watt and US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Julian Castro announced a relaxation of lending standards for Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSEs).
- Previous Next