- Following a strong rebound of M&A activity in Q2, deal activity continued at a rapid pace into the third quarter with increases in both deal volume and value.
- Baker Tilly’s dealership services team of tax professionals compiled a list of dealer-specific tax considerations below. Please keep in mind that your goal should be to maximize your long-term wealth and profitability; decisions on tax policy are secondary considerations to this goal.
- On a quarterly basis, Baker Tilly conducts a benchmarking study of auto dealerships. Respondents to the most recent study were primarily dealerships located in the Upper Midwest. This whitepaper summarizes key data as of and for the three quarters ended September 30, 2014, with comparisons to the same period in 2013 and to the quarter ended June 30, 2014.
- Baker Tilly's GovCon advisors, along with other industry leaders, contributed to Deltek’s virtual roundtable to discuss the Department of Defense’s (DoD) proposed rule on Business Systems Compliance. Senior leaders discussed possibly the biggest change to compliance in over 30 years and how government contractors can prepare for the shifting landscape.
- On October 24, 2014, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued a directive (LB&I I-04-1014-008) regarding bad debt deductions related to eligible debt and eligible debt securities. The directive provides large business and international (LB&I) examiners with guidance on deductions for bad debts taken under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) §166.
- Previous Next