- Continuously looking for new sources of revenue, states have begun to increase their enforcement of unclaimed property laws.
- For municipalities participating in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), learn how GASB 68 affects your organization’s year-end reporting.
- The NAIC Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group and the Emerging Accounting Issues (E) Working Group held a joint conference call Monday during which accounting issues related to the risk corridors program (Section 1342 of the Affordable Care Act) were discussed.
- Baker Tilly’s employee benefit plan specialists overviewed of the findings from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) assessment of audit quality of employee benefit plans and discussed what organizations should be aware of.
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) recently held their Regulatory Compliance Conference 2015 in Washington DC. It featured a number of panel sessions with individuals representing a diverse range of backgrounds, including attorneys, executive level servicing professionals, and CFPB employees, all providing guidance and perspective on the regulatory issues facing the industry. There was a large emphasis on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) examinations, as well as the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) rule, given the implementation began October 3, 2015.
- Previous Next