- Baker Tilly talks with Bisnow about how real estate investment trusts (REITs) are attractive commercial real estate models as they can bring in large amounts of equity from investors; however, they face many tax rules and regulation requirements. Navigating REIT restrictions can be complicated, but Baker Tilly offers several tips to help REITs handle the rules and reap tax saving benefits.
- Federal agencies are now using data analytics to identify higher risk grantees and flag specific transactions for detailed review, which can result in a more comprehensive audit of your institution. Baker Tilly higher education professionals discuss the challenges and opportunities presented to colleges and universities during these audits and what specifically an institution can do to prepare for the audit and maximize success.
- The rules for owning and managing a REIT can be complicated, but they are not onerous. Many property owners and real estate investors find the advantages of a REIT far outweigh the regulatory requirements.
- The third quarter of 2015 saw global equity markets experience a bit of a sell-off relative to prior quarters.
- Baker Tilly advisors discuss several best practices surrounding Intellectual Property in NCMA’s Contract Management magazine.
- Previous Next