- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently held its Summer 2015 National Meeting. There are several relevant items and future changes for insurance organizations to be aware of and to watch for from the Statutory Accounting Principles Working Group, Blanks Working Group, Investment Classification Project, and Investment Risk Based Capital Working Group.
- Baker Tilly’s investigation led to the discovery of underreporting of taxable income and underpayments of taxes.
- A large municipality enacted a program to renovate several schools as well as construct new schools and engaged Baker Tilly to examine and monitor the implementation of the diversity plan.
- A recent $75 million Department of Justice False Claims Act settlement reinforces the importance of making current, accurate, and complete commercial sales practice disclosures.
- According to Medicare, a valid ICD-10 code must be used on all claims as of October 1, 2015, or a provider will not be able to bill for that service. Is your organization prepared?
- Previous Next