Academic medical centers face the complex challenge of balancing their research, clinical and educational missions within the context of evolving regulations, pressure to control costs and increasing demands relative to quality and discovery. As medical centers continue to evolve and address new industry paradigms, Baker Tilly understands the challenges and positions these organizations for effective and impactful response.
With the healthcare and higher education landscape rapidly changing, our academic medical center clients rely on our experienced advisors to deliver unique solutions to meet your auditing, tax and consulting needs. Baker Tilly staffs engagements with qualified and experienced personnel who understand the intersection of the higher education and healthcare industries and are actively involved with advancing academic medical centers closer to the reality of a value-based care model.
Baker Tilly offers a range of services to ensure your success:
- Audit and assurance
- Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNAs)
- Enterprise risk management
- HIPAA and cybersecurity
- Market assessments, research and benchmarking
- Mergers and acquisitions, including strategic development and execution
- Research and grants compliance
- Performance optimization, including: financial planning, modeling and feasibility studies
- Revenue cycle optimization
- Transaction advisory services
- Value-based care contracting including MACRA readiness