The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently passed version six of the Insurance Data Security Law. As states begin adopting this sweeping regulation, insurance carriers in all 50 states will be impacted. Join us for this complimentary webinar as we give an overview of the new Data Security Law, how it is comparable to the New York State Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) cybersecurity regulation and what insurance institutions need to do in order to prepare for compliance.
Key learning objectives:
- Understand the provisions in the Insurance Data Security Law
- Recognize the similarities between the NY DFS cybersecurity regulation
- Comprehend the main areas that companies will need to evaluate while preparing for compliance
Who should attend:
- Insurance industry professionals involved in cybersecurity, internal audit or compliance processes
Baker Tilly presenters:
- Chris Tait, MBA, CISA, CFSA, CCSK, CCSFP, Principal
- Russ Sommers, CPA, CISA, Senior Manager
- Ken Zoline, CISSP, Manager
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this webinar, and advance preparation is not required. There is no cost to attend this webinar.
CPE credit: One (1) hour total credit
Field of study: Specialized knowledge application (SKA)
A certificate of completion will be e-mailed to you four to six weeks after the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 608 240 2522.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.