Annual Global Board Leaders’ Summit
Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017 – Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
National Harbor, Md.
Almost daily news stories pop up about data breaches affecting millions of customer records, payment card data, personal health information and loss of intellectual property or trade secrets. Organizations are on high alert, but they are also less confident in their understanding of cybersecurity risks. According to the National Association of Corporate Directors’ (NACD) recent governance survey, only 10 percent indicated a “high level of knowledge” about cybersecurity risks.
Organizations must enhance their understanding of cybersecurity risks now and ensure their attack surface management capabilities include preparation and protection.
Join Baker Tilly at the National Association of Corporate Directors’ (NACD) Annual Global Board Leaders’ Summit. This event is the largest director forum in the world, where the greatest minds in governance convene to take on the largest issues facing today’s boardrooms and collectively discover the future of exemplary board leadership.
Baker Tilly is a Summit Exhibit Sponsor and Partner of the NACD. We will be joined at the summit by:
- Tim Meyers - Managing Director, Financial Advisory Services
- David Ross - Partner, Risk, Internal Audit & Cybersecurity
- Brad Diamond - Director, Business Development
- Russell Sommers - Senior Manager, Financial Services
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017
Union League Club of Chicago
65 W Jackson Blvd
Cyber resiliency: The board role in a cybersecurity examination
The NACD and Baker Tilly are proud to host a board-level discussion on Cyber Resiliency: The Board Role in a Cybersecurity Examination. With organizations under greater pressure to demonstrate that they are managing cybersecurity threats, boards hold a significant role in ensuring management applies the right program and controls to protect, detect, respond to, address and recover from breaches and other cybersecurity events.
While the agenda topics will be heavily influenced by the attending directors, discussion topics will touch on all aspects of how a System & Organization Controls (SOC) for Cybersecurity examination can assist the board in cybersecurity oversight:
- Exploring the coming regulatory realities of cybersecurity reporting and assurance
- Evaluating the AICPA’s SOC for Cybersecurity reporting framework from different perspectives
- Assessing the benefits, challenges and ultimate impacts of the framework and its requirements
- Understanding the critical role of board oversight during a cybersecurity examination
- Considering cybersecurity and technology expertise and its role on the board
- Getting the most out of an examination to enhance internal and external stakeholders’ trust and confidence in the organization’s cybersecurity processes and controls