Join Baker Tilly’s accounting, tax, risk and benefits specialists as we discuss the latest financial and operational developments to help enhance your organization’s effectiveness.
Through this forum, we will share insights and guidance on current trends, requirements and best practices for not-for-profit and healthcare organizations to help manage this ever-changing regulatory environment.
Attendees are invited to join Baker Tilly at the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders baseball game after the day’s education sessions. Please indicate your interest in attending with your registration. Ticket, buffet dinner and open bar included with registration.
12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Registration, networking and lunch
12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Welcome introductions
12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Executive forum
5:00 p.m. – Baseball game: Columbus Clippers @ Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders
GAAP accounting update: ASC 606: Revenue Recognition, FASB’s not-for-profit reporting update and other newly issued accounting standards
Presented by Andrea Caladie, Partner and Debra Bowes, Partner, Baker Tilly
Protecting not-for-profit exempt status: What are the federal and state regulators up to?
Presented by Julius Green, Partner and Regional Tax Leader and Kerri Bogda, Senior Manager, Baker Tilly
Emerging trends in cybersecurity
Presented by Jeff Krull, Partner, Baker Tilly
Healthcare reform update: Compensation and the Affordable Care Act
Eric Pochas, Director, Baker Tilly Vantagen
Who should attend?
CFOs, CEOs, COOs, controllers and executive-level directors and managers doing business as not-for-profit and/or healthcare organizations should attend. Participants are eligible to receive up to 5 CPE credits.
The CPE session topics include:
- Overview of the new accounting standard, ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, as applied to not-for-profit and healthcare organizations
- FASB’s new accounting standard for not-for-profit reporting
- Focus areas of IRS audits, compliance issues and risk mitigation strategies to increase audit preparedness
- Emerging trends in cybersecurity and practical ways not-for-profit and healthcare organizations can manage risk
- Healthcare reform including compensation and Affordable Care Act updates
5 credits; Field of Study: Accounting (2); Business Management & Organization (1); Management Advisory Services (1); Tax (1)
Host: Malorie Goldblatt