Companies that do business with the federal government are invited to join thought leaders from Baker Tilly as we discuss what you need to know now about cybersecurity, revenue recognition and the latest developments for working with the government. Join Baker Tilly for a half-day seminar where we will explore the changes and challenges that lie ahead in 2018 and beyond.
There is no cost to attend. CPE credits will be provided.
12:30 - 1:15 p.m. – Registration and networking
1:15 - 5 p.m. – Program
5 - 6 p.m. – Networking hour with hors d'oeuvres and cocktails
- Section 809 Panel – Streamline and Codifying Acquisition
- Revenue recognition (ASC 606) briefing
- Cybersecurity requirements and updates
- Hot topics in government contracting
- Briefing on status and recommendations from the Section 809 Panel, tasked with streamlining and codifying acquisition, as well as other recent regulatory changes
- Find out how the latest developments in revenue recognition (ASC 606) may impact your organization
- Receive revenue recognition guidance specific for government contractors and aerospace defense groups
- Learn about emerging cybersecurity risks and trends to gain an understanding of practical cyber risk mitigation strategies as mandated by the government
- Understand the implications of recent changes and events affecting the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) on the government contracting community
- Patrick Fitzgerald, CPA Director
- Jeff Krull, CISA, CPA Partner
- Drew Lewis, CPA, CFE, CFCM Manager
- Fred Massanova, CPA Partner
- Philip Santarelli, CPA Partner Emeritus
- Thomas Tagle, CPA Partner
- Michael Wright, CISA, CPA, PMP Senior Manager
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this webinar, and advance preparation is not required. There is no cost to attend this webinar.
CPE credit: Four (4) hours total credit
Field of study: Accounting (GAS80) (1), Accounting (Governmental) (GAS80/24) (2), Management Advisory Services (1)
CPE host: Malorie Goldblatt
A certificate of completion will be e-mailed to you four to six weeks after the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 608 240 2522.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.