Developing a risk-based cybersecurity program
Construction and real estate companies face increasing risks and threats to their customer, project and investor data, processes and systems. Companies must balance the need to invest in and manage security with competing strategic priorities.
David Ross, Baker Tilly’s cybersecurity leader, and Adrienne Ehrhardt, chair of Michael Best’s privacy and cybersecurity practice group, will discuss the following topics in this seminar:
- Defining and applying the key principles for a sustainable cybersecurity program
- Identifying key metrics, reporting and controls to monitor cybersecurity efficiently
- Evaluating cybersecurity budgets and resources on a risk reduction and resiliency basis
- Evaluating and mitigating against the ever-changing cybersecurity risk landscape
- Understanding legal responsibilities in creating a cybersecurity program
Who should attend?
- VPs/directors of finance
- General counsel
Breakfast and networking: 7:30 a.m.
Presentation and discussion: 8 a.m.
Networking: 9:30 a.m.
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this seminar, and advance preparation is not required. There is no cost to attend this event.
CPE credit: one (1) hour total credit
Field of study: Specialized knowledge
A certificate of completion will be emailed to you four to six weeks after the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 608 240 2522.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.