With 10,000 green cards per year issued to participants in the U.S. EB-5 program, many immigrant investors are obtaining U.S. permanent residency. But before your client boards a plane and relocates to the U.S. there are critical investment, tax, estate and wealth planning considerations. Making informed decisions at the onset will protect your clients’ quality of life and that of their family members when they arrive in America.
Join Baker Tilly Capital, LLC and our supporting sponsors Barst Mukamal & Kleiner LLP, Bronfman Rothschild Wealth Advisors and Signature Bank for a valuable overview on investing through for a valuable overview on investing through the EB-5 program and global mobility considerations for foreign nationals immigrating to the United States, as well as new green card holders.
Attendees will gain a thorough understanding of the continually changing EB-5 program and the many tax and personal financial planning challenges faced by foreign nationals immigrating to the U.S. The goal is to help advise high net-worth individuals on understanding the larger impact of their EB-5 investment and relocation decisions, and most importantly provide them with solutions to mitigate risk and improve success.
Discussion points to include:
- The role of the broker dealer in EB-5 transactions, complying with U.S. securities laws and the rules of professional ethics
- EB-5 overview and legislative update
- U.S. banking and wealth management practices
- U.S. estate tax and long-term tax considerations affecting the wealth of the immigrating family
- Tax planning strategies and pre-immigration tips to avoid tax traps and mitigate tax exposure
This panel discussion is geared towards legal practitioners and service providers seeking to help make their high net-worth clients’ transition to the U.S. smoother and more economically advantageous.
This seminar is free and CLE credit is pending approval.
- Michael Fitzpatrick – Principal, Baker Tilly Capital, LLC
- Sam Newbold, Esq. – Attorney, Barst Mukamal & Kleiner LLP
- Richard Booth – Vice President, Signature Bank
- Kelly Baumbach – Principal, Bronfman Rothschild
- Marilyn Napoli – Director, Bronfman Rothschild
- Anna Ferinde – Senior Manager, Baker Tilly