Join Jodi Dobson and Bethany Ryers of Baker Tilly’s energy and utilities practice, to learn how new governmental accounting standards issued over the past few years will affect your electric utility. This is the third session of the American Public Power Association’s (APPA) six-part accounting and finance webinar series.
During this webinar, Jodi and Bethany will review some of the newer GASB pronouncements and, through real-life examples, share how to communicate the changes to your governing body. You’ll also learn how to interpret your financial statements after applying the new standards.
Topics will include:
- GASB 74/75 on other postemployment benefits
- GASB 83 on asset retirement obligations
- GASB 84 on fiduciary activities
- GASB 86 on certain debt extinguishment issues
- GASB 87 on leases
- GASB 88 on certain debt-related disclosures
Meet the presenters:
Jodi Dobson, CPA
Bethany Ryers, CPA