Come visit us and network with the nation’s most active affordable housing developers and leaders; learn the latest on the policy front as well as new development and finance strategies; and find resources to help you grow your affordable housing business.
Be sure to join Baker Tilly’s own Don Bernards as he presents and moderates Tax Credit and Tax-Exempt Bond Boot Camp Basics, at 8:30 a.m. – Noon, Tuesday, Nov. 15. Operations of LIHTCs and tax-exempt bonds will be covered in this workshop for beginners and those who need a refresher. Industry veterans will guide you through the essentials, including:
- How the tax credit program works
- What housing is eligible
- How to apply for and improve your chances of getting tax credits
- The pros and cons of using bonds
- What private-activity bond cap is and how to get it
- How to structure your deals