Baker Tilly Facilitates Compliance Track | March 27 at 10:00 a.m. – March 29 at 12:00 p.m.:
Auditing for Compliance – Tips and Techniques for University Auditors
Mike Cullen, CISA, CISSP, CIPP, Senior Manager, Ashley Deihr, CPA, CIA, CFE, Senior Manager, Kimberly Macedo, BA, CIA, Experienced Manger, Baker Tilly
This three-day workshop will provide attendees with an understanding of effective compliance programs within a university setting and the knowledge to conduct internal audits of many key federal regulatory compliance areas. The presenters will cover a variety of topics, including:
- Research Compliance
- conflicts of interest
- cost allowability
- export controls
- human and animal subjects
- salary charging
- service centers
- subrecipient monitoring
- NCAA compliance
- Employment rules
- Information privacy and security
- Title IX
Each topic will cover the governing rules, risks, controls, audit approaches, and common findings. The presenters will discuss real-life examples of compliance audits performed, as well as lead discussions among attendees related to challenges or suggestions learned from audits at institutions with which the faculty have worked. Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the relevant standards governing higher education institutions and understand various compliance program designs.
- Identify institutional risks within key compliance focus areas.
- Develop an approach for auditing compliance with various laws and regulations.