Join us for a full day of insurance accounting, tax, risk management and regulatory updates and best practices.
Join Baker Tilly’s insurance specialists and speakers from Stradley Ronon, Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners and Baker Tilly Vantagen to learn about the many changes that will impact insurance organizations in 2018. After the election year, the insurance industry has experienced many changes for executives and financial professionals, including healthcare reform, tax reform and revenue recognition. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the trending issues impacting insurance companies and network with peers and presenters.
- 8:00 – 8:15 a.m. | Registration and continental breakfast
- 8:15 – 8:30 a.m. | Welcome and introductions
- 8:30 – 9:20 a.m. | US regulatory update: Cybersecurity focus
- Jana Landon, Co-Chair, Data Breach Response and Cyber Insurance Teams, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP
- 9:20 – 10:10 a.m. | US taxation update
- Carrie Small, Partner, Baker Tilly
- 10:10 – 10:25 a.m. | Break
- 10:30 – 11:20 a.m. |Statutory accounting update
- Ken Hugendubler, Partner and Jason Jacobs, Partner, Baker Tilly
- 11:20 a.m. – 12:10 p.m. | Healthcare reform update
- Kim Wylam and Eric Pochas, Baker Tilly Vantagen
- 12:10 – 1:15 p.m. | Lunch
- 1:20 – 2:10 p.m. – Hot topics in NAIC examinations, ORSA and corporate governance
- Lester Schott, Partner and John Romano, Senior Manager, Baker Tilly
- 2:10 – 3:00 p.m. | GAAP accounting update: ASC 606 and other newly issued accounting standards
- Jonathan Zeigler, Partner, Baker Tilly
- 3:00 – 3:15 p.m. | Break
- 3:20 – 4:10 p.m. | Health insurance update: Affordable Care Act and other hot topics
- Mitchell Goldman, CEO, Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners
- 4:10 – 5:00 p.m. | IT risk and cybersecurity update: Identifying and mitigating risk
- Russell Sommers, Senior Manager, Baker Tilly
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. | Networking cocktail hour
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about:
- The current insurance regulatory environment, with a focus on cybersecurity issues
- Recent changes in tax regulations and reform for insurance companies
- Impacts from statutory accounting changes and GAAP accounting changes
- Trending topics and issues in NAIC examinations, ORSA and corporate governance
- How to identify cybersecurity threats and strategies to mitigate IT and cyber risk
- Healthcare reform including compensation and Affordable Care Act vs. American Health Care Act updates
The Clarion Hotel Exton has offered attendees a discounted rate of $79 plus tax for the night of Sept. 19, 2017. Call 610 363 1100 to book your room. Mention “Baker Tilly event” when making your reservation.
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this seminar, and advance preparation is not required. There is no cost to attend this seminar.
CPE credit: Eight (8) hour total credits
Field of study: Accounting (2); Tax (1); Management Advisory Services (2); and Business Management & Organization (3)
Host: Malorie Goldblatt
A certificate of completion will be emailed to you four to six weeks after the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 608 240 2522.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.