Baker Tilly and Baker Tilly Search & Staffing professionals to sponsor, exhibit, and present at the 2017 IIA Chicago Chapter Annual Seminar
Baker Tilly and Baker Tilly Search & Staffing are both proud to be silver sponsors of the annual IIA Chicago Chapter seminar. The annual seminar provides the opportunity to discuss industry innovations and offers insight into the profession in order to lead you on the path to excellence. Professionals attend technical sessions that offer comprehensive coverage of all the latest developments, trends, and best practices.
Whether you’re looking for a new opportunity, need to fill an open position at your organization, or need interim help with a short-term project, Baker Tilly Search & Staffing specialists can help.
Stop by our booth to learn more and qualify to win an Apple watch!
Governance, risk, and compliance professionals of Baker Tilly will be exhibiting as well as presenting at this year’s event. Randy Staggers, Partner, will present on “ASC 606- Revenue Recognition Accounting Standard”. His presentation will cover:
- The major changes ASC 606 (ASU 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers) presents to the manner in which companies account for revenue.
- The five key elements of ASC 606 and the new concepts of collectability, variable consideration, financing, performance obligations and modifications.
- The importance of accompanying internal controls to assist with this transition and future state revenue recognition processes and procedures.
Tom Wojcinski, Director, and Iriana Arias-Chizek, Manager, will present on “Sustainable Cybersecurity Management: Why it’s critical to review your program now”. Their presentation will cover:
- An overview of the latest cybersecurity developments and how the risk landscape is changing.
- Examples of each phase of the cybersecurity management program including data classification, security controls implementation and breach preparedness.
- Key insights on cybersecurity program effectiveness and sustainability for executive leadership, management and boards.
- Five key considerations for cybersecurity risk management that they can begin to apply to their organization immediately.
About the presenters
Randy Staggers is a partner in the Governance, Risk and Compliance services practice of Baker Tilly and is a member of their ASC 606 taskforce. He has more than thirty years of experience in both industry and accounting firm financial leadership. His experience includes work with an international accounting firm and a $17 billion healthcare provider/insurer. He has significant experience in enterprise risk management, internal controls, business transformation and change management, shared services, real estate and procurement administration as well as in leading diverse and multidisciplinary teams to deliver value for clients.
Tom Wojcinski is a director in the Governance, Risk and Compliance services practice of Baker Tilly. Tom has more than fifteen years of technology consulting experience. He specializes in technology risk, cybersecurity and information technology governance. Tom has extensive project experience managing various IT projects, including IT audits and governance implementations, cybersecurity control assessments, segregation of duties assessment/remediation and various system implementation projects. In addition, he contributes to the leadership of Baker Tilly’s Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting practice, responsible for audit methodology development and firmwide delivery coordination.
Iriana Arias-Chizek is a consulting manager in the Governance, Risk and Compliance services practice of Baker Tilly focusing on technology risk. She has experience with public sector clients and focuses on business processes and assisting organizations with aligning their strategic vision and organizational capabilities. She also has more than seven years of experience performing control-based audits for national and multinational organizations in IT audit, information security, IT management, IT strategic planning and regulatory compliance, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Her audit and security experience includes: vulnerability assessments, physical and logical security assessments, software development life cycle (SDLC), change management, IT governance, and operations.
We encourage you to stop by and connect with Baker Tilly!