“When you bring together dedicated, talented people in a positive environment where they feel challenged and rewarded, the end result is passionate employees and highly satisfied clients.”— Todd Stokes Managing Partner – D.C. Metro Area, CPA
When did the Washington, DC office open?
- Since 1976, we have been serving clients in the real estate, government, higher education, legal, and not-for-profit industries (just to name a few).
How many employees and partners are located here?
- More than 270 staff members and 32 partners call DC home.
How are you involved in the community?
- In addition to our involvement in many industry-related organizations, we volunteer our time and resources to organizations such as Junior Achievement, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Lombardi Cancer Center, Trust for the National Mall, and Wolf Trap National Park for Performing Arts.
Share some of the unique or specialized work focused on by the DC team.
- If it’s related to real estate, we do it. The DC metropolitan region is a thriving development and construction market, steadily growing to meet the needs of a diverse environment. Baker Tilly’s real estate and construction practice includes more than 30 partners and more than 250 team members—making it one of the largest practices in the country and a center of focus in the DC office. We serve leading local real estate developers, REITs, and property owners and managers, including private equity real estate funds, giving us insight into the changing landscape of the industry and the privilege of helping the DC real estate community thrive.
- Baker Tilly’s DC office specializes in helping professional service firms, such as law firms, lobbyists, architects, engineers, and consulting firms, achieve their objectives through timely and practical solutions to their business challenges, including providing traditional tax and assurance services, navigating tax regulations, enhancing internal controls, and much more. With years of dedicated professional services experience and expertise, we assist our clients to improve their profitability and reduce risks.
- The DC office serves several industry niches through our retail services group. With a client list that includes the largest automobile dealership groups in the DC area as well as some of the top dealership groups in the US, we assist more than 80 dealership rooftops with buy/sell transactions, succession planning, and more. DC also works with one of the area’s largest restaurant groups, including one of the top grossing restaurants in the US.
- With one of the largest teams in the country dedicated to serving the unique needs of government contractors, the DC office guides clients through all stages of the government contracting lifecycle: pricing and schedules, cost accounting and auditing, contract compliance, disputes and litigation, technology enabling solutions, and more.
- The DC business technology consulting team helps clients drive exceptional results with modern solutions and technologies, including cloud, human capital, and business intelligence solutions to navigate through today’s more mobile, social, dynamic, and global world.
- Our experienced governance risk and compliance consultants work with organizations to identify and understand risk as well as integrate risk considerations into the decision-making process. Our DC team creates sustainable solutions, tailored to our clients’ specific needs, business operations, corporate culture, and management philosophies.