“What makes our office a great place to work—other than our passionate employees and partners—is the Madison community. From State Street to Lake Monona to the hundreds of acres of parkland nearby, Madison is the perfect setting for attracting top talent.”— Kevin R. Heppner Executive Managing Partner, Midwest Region, CPA
When did the office open?
- In 1931.
How many employees and partners are located here and what services do they provide?
- More than 275 employees and 41 partners focus on clients in the construction/real estate, public sector, utilities, and manufacturing industries among others.
How are the Madison office employees and partners involved in the community?
- Our employees are involved in not-for-profit organizations such as Agrace HospiceCare, University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, the American Heart Association, the Susan G. Komen Association, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund, and the United Way of Dane County.
Tell me about some of the unique or specialized work done by the Madison team.
- We work with hundreds of public and investor-owned energy and utilities companies, including 10 of the country’s largest utilities.
- If it’s related to real estate, we do it: serving the affordable housing industry, securing New Markets Tax Credits, performing construction site audits, and working on community development.
- From farm to fork. That’s how we serve hundreds of food and beverage processors. We are immersed in this industry, having worked on more than 15 biogas projects that are either operating or under construction, representing $200 million of funding.