“Our commitment to our clients is only equaled by the passion our employees have for giving back to the community.”— Alan D. Whitman Chairman and CEO, CPA, CGMA
When did the office open?
- In 2003. Today, we have 125 employees and nine partners who call Detroit home.
How are employees and partners involved in the community?
- Our people volunteer their talents and time in support of local organizations like Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan, Susan G. Komen Foundation, Cornerstone Schools, Habitat for Humanity, March of Dimes, and the Michigan Humane Society. Many of our team members also serve on boards of directors and committees.
Tell me about some of the unique or specialized work done by the Detroit team.
- Our Detroit office was instrumental in developing the firm’s international services group thanks to close working relationships with many strategic Baker Tilly International member firms. This helps us connect globally and deliver seamless services no matter where our clients conduct business.
- Not-for-profit organizations face many complex financial and operational challenges as they work to become more efficient and support their missions. Our team in Detroit includes technical not-for-profit leaders who are well-connected in the community and serve in a number of leadership positions.
- Baker Tilly’s real estate and construction practice is one of the largest practices in the country and a center of focus in the Michigan office. We serve leading commercial and residential real estate developers, large general contractors, specialty trade subcontractors, and property owners and managers giving us insight into the changing landscape of the industry and the privilege of helping the Michigan construction and real estate community thrive.
- Baker Tilly’s manufacturing practice represents the firm’s largest industry practice nationwide and in Michigan. Our professionals help automotive and manufacturing companies achieve their objectives through timely and practical solutions to their business challenges, including providing traditional tax and assurance services, navigating tax regulations, enhancing internal controls, and much more. With years of dedicated manufacturing experience and expertise, we assist our clients to improve their profitability and reduce risks.