“Being a Valued Business Advisor requires conscious action. It’s about taking pride in our profession and the firm. Valued Business Advisors are passionate about the impact they have on the success of clients. This is Baker Tilly.”— Thomas F. Walker, Jr. Regional Managing Partner and Private Equity Industry Leader, CPA, JD
What year did your offices open?
- Our downtown location opened in 1976 as KGN Financial Group and then merged in 2004, and our office in Oak Brook was founded as William F. Gurrie in 1934 and merged in 2006.
What kind of work do your employees do in the community?
- Some of the organizations we are involved with are the United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, Big Shoulders, Junior Achievement, Clearbrook, Chicago Summer Business Institute, and the American Heart Association.
Tell me about some of the unique or specialized work done by the Illinois team.
- Real estate is all about the location and what better location than Chicago to offer deep industry specialization to real estate clients. We assist real estate clients in services, such as securing financing (debt and/or equity), due diligence, feasibility analysis, construction risk management, tax planning and structuring, and cost segregation.
- We go above and beyond traditional assurance and tax compliance for our manufacturing clients by helping them (a) obtain various government incentives and tax credits, (b) manage and report on government contracts, (c) capitalize on R&D tax incentives, (d) adopt and implement risk management for the organization, and (e) comply with state and local tax matters.
- Venture capital and private equity investing is a $100 billion industry for the state of Illinois. We provide specialized audit, tax, and advisory services to numerous private equity firms as well as their portfolio companies.
- Our state and local government specialists provide a range of services to help our clients not only realize significant reductions in operational costs, but also uncover new opportunities to improve their fiscal condition.
- We tailor our service teams to address the unique needs of each of our not-for-profit clients, working to increase efficiencies, strengthen internal operations, or whatever is needed to do in order to achieve the organization’s mission.