Tim Kosiek, partner in the financial services group with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, joined the firm in 2009. Tim focuses on depository institutions, credit intermediaries and specialty/structured finance entities. He began his public accounting career in 1980 with an international firm, where he exclusively served financial services companies until 2000. In addition, between 2000 and 2007 Tim served as the Chief Financial Officer of a $5 billion diversified financial service company.
- Leads financial statement, internal audit and advisory services engagements for a wide range of financial services companies, including banks, consumer finance and other specialty/structured finance companies
- Has extensive experience in assisting financial services companies with understanding and managing regulatory requirements, including complex regulatory agreements and regulatory orders.
- Served as the engagement partner for services rendered in connection with the National Mortgage Settlement, the largest single court-ordered settlement in banking history.
- Provided audit, accounting and other professional services in connection with a significant number of merger and acquisition and capital raising transactions
- Has served a number of large, publicly held financial services companies, including providing extensive advice on SEC accounting and disclosure requirements
- Served in various leadership roles at an international firm, including a three-year assignment to the National Financial Services Group and four years as a member of the Derivatives Advisory Group
- Has led the development of strategic and operating business plans for numerous financial services companies
- Resource for industry and business publications and presentations, including regular publications and presentations for the Minnesota Bankers Association, the Illinois Bankers Association and Bank Director.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School Twin Cities – Former Director and Board Chair
- Illinois Bankers Association (IBA)
- Marquette University Commercial Banking Program – Advisory Board Member
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Recipient of the MNCPA’s 2016 Public Service Award
- Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA)
St. John’s University (Collegeville, Minnesota)
Bachelor of Science in accounting
Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management
Executive Management Program