Shante George is a director in restructuring, disputes, and valuation advisory services. She has thirteen years of diverse consulting experience in the areas of financial and operational restructuring, transactional due diligence, and forensic investigations.
Shante has extensive experience advising companies, unsecured creditors, lenders, trustees, and examiners in and out-of-court proceedings. She regularly manages the day-to-day aspects of engagements, including developing and implementing engagement strategy; assessing the impact and implementation of operational and strategic initiatives; challenging and developing business plans and comprehensive, long-term multi-divisional financial models; analyzing and preparing cash flow projections; assisting in the §363 sales process; and conducting claims analyses and written reports for various constituents.
Her experience also includes conducting operational and financial due diligence for various constituents for asset-backed lending deals, and mergers and acquisitions involving analyzing the quality of earnings for targets across various industries. She routinely challenges the business plans of targets, conducts interviews of senior level management, and analyzes assets to determine potential purchase price adjustments and/or other terms of various types of transactions.
Before joining Baker Tilly, Shante held positions at two international accounting and consulting firms. Most recently, she was a senior vice president in the Corporate Recovery & Litigation Services practice at Mesirow Financial Consulting, LLC.
- Led discovery and investigative work stream and assisted in the preparation of the report of former chief judge (SDNY) Arthur J. Gonzalez, in his role as court-appointed examiner in the Residential Capital, LLC (ResCap) Chapter 11 case, which included developing the document management strategy; coordination and management of the discovery process involving more than 9 million documents, and the analysis and identification of key transactional documents used to analyze potential causes of action
- Analyzed transactions with more than twenty affiliates occurring over a six-year period as financial advisor to National Air Cargo, Inc., an air-based freight forwarder operating in the US and South America
- Managed a team of associates as financial advisor to the Unsecured Creditors Committee of Reader’s Digest in analyzing and identifying critical issues with management’s business plan assumptions and creating leverage for negotiating favorable settlement terms with the secured lenders
- Managed several buy-side due diligence engagements involving analyzing the quality of earnings, challenging business plans, assessing the sufficiency of internal controls, identifying and assessing the impact of potential synergies
- Performed detailed analyses of projections and assessment of solvency and the evolution of the Debtor’s corporate strategy as financial advisor to a group of major international lenders in connection with a complex fraudulent conveyance matter involving Mirant Corporation, a $7 billion international power producer in the US
- Managed a team of associates in conducting detailed analyses of over 200 claims and potential preferences for a $63 million bankrupt hospital to determine the appropriate dollar value to fund the Creditor’s Trust
- Performed sell-side operational due diligence for an internet protocol and media management solution company
- Performed financial due diligence for a manufacturer of heavy equipment including switchgears and substations to assist the company in connection in with its debt recapitalization
- Conducted claims assessments and prepared economic valuations as an adjudicator
- American Bankruptcy Institute, member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, member
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, member
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, member
- Turnaround Management Association, member
- Board of Directors, MADE Transitional Services Non-Profit Organization
- M&A Advisor “40 Under 40”, 2015
Bachelor of Science in Finance