Peter McKenna, partner emeritus in our tax and assurance group, has been with Baker Tilly since joining its predecessor, Beers & Cutler in 1991. During 30 years of public accounting experience, Pete has specialized in providing tax and accounting services and business advice to closely-held businesses and owners.
- Prior to joining Baker Tilly, he served as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for a diversified real estate business.
- Specializes in working with real estate clients to resolve problems. Client companies he serves include: land development and home builders; construction, development and management companies; office, retail and apartment rental owners.
- Tax planning for acquisitions and sales of real estate.
- Income and estate tax planning for real estate owners.
- IRS and state tax audits.
- DC Building Industry Association Executive Council
- Maryland National Capital Building Industry Association
- Home Builders Care Foundation board member
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Taught the real estate taxation course in Masters of Taxation program at The American University and Masters of Real Estate program at Georgetown University.
- Published numerous articles on tax planning and has spoken on tax planning and capital markets topics to many groups.
University of Maryland
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Master of Science in Accounting