Mark Smith, Partner with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP with the Private Client Group, has been with the firm since 1996. He specializes in estate, gift, and charitable gift planning. Mark also has extensive experience in income tax planning, trust and estate administration, retirement distribution planning and business succession planning.
- Develops high level wealth transfer planning techniques including FLPs, GRATs, CRUTs, QPRTs, ILITs, and IDGTs.
- Coordinates implementation of wealth transfer techniques with other client professional advisors.
- Provides consultation on charitable deferred giving techniques including charitable trusts, private foundations, and public foundations.
- Consults on succession and retirement planning.
- Specializes in post death estate administration and surviving spouse transfer planning.
- Oversees trust tax compliance.
- Provides tax planning for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and exempt organizations.
- Implements financial planning models for clients such as cash flow planning and insurance planning.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy Wisconsin Estate Planning Councils in several communities
- Mark has conducted seminars and continuing education classes on a wide range of estate tax planning, fiduciary tax and accounting, charitable trust planning and retirement topics. He has authored articles on succession planning and charitable remainder trusts.
University of Kentucky
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Masters in Accounting and Tax