Laura Huggett, Partner with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, joined the firm in 1995 to launch Baker Tilly’s recruiting and temporary staffing business – Baker Tilly Search & Staffing, LLC. Today, Baker Tilly Search & Staffing is a full service temporary staffing and recruiting service, specializing in accounting and finance. Laura oversees the staffing operations in Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Madison, Janesville, and the Fox Valley.
Laura gained professional accounting experience working for a national CPA and consulting firm prior to joining Baker Tilly. She has been serving both public and privately owned companies since 1986.
- Provides clients with access to highly qualified candidates who meet their business needs through technical knowledge of the accounting profession and highly skilled professional recruiting experience.
- Assists clients in the development of strategic recruiting plans, which reduces time and expense in filling key positions.
- Works with clients in identifying turnover trends and assists in developing effective retention strategies.
- Develops effective compensation packages to assist clients in securing top talent.
- Trains and develops team members in professional recruiting and exceptional client service.
- Researches and develops creative recruiting strategies.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Founded the “Accountants Against Hunger Campaign,” raising over 200,000 meals to date for Second Harvest Food Bank in Madison, WI.
- Board member, Interfaith Hospitality Network
Augustana College – Rock Island, IL
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting