Ken Fleming is a partner in our Tysons, VA office and leads professionals skilled in providing transaction advisory and CFO support services. He has 20 years of advisory and public accounting experience in a wide variety of industries including government contracting, software and technology, biotechnology, business services, manufacturing, energy, retail and hospitality, real estate and construction, emerging growth and private equity.
- Provides transaction support, including financial and tax due diligence, seller preparation assistance, business valuation, integration support and structuring and negotiation in connection with mergers and acquisitions, significant financing events and special situations. Ken has advised clients on over $1 billion in transaction value from both buy-side and sell-side perspectives.
- Provides CFO advisory including enterprise finance and accounting support services, audit readiness and support, financial modeling, integration, carve-outs and divestitures, financial restatements and performance improvement services
- Assists with business valuation services for acquisitions, tax planning, fair value financial reporting, strategic business planning and litigation
- Experience serving clients of a wide range in size, from emerging growth to Fortune 500 public companies to federal agencies
- Prior to joining Baker Tilly, Ken provided financial due diligence and advisory services to debt and equity investors for a transaction services firm. Ken was also a senior manager in the assurance and business advisory practice of a Big 4 accounting firm where he provided assurance and advisory services to numerous public companies involved in complex business transactions.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Financial Executive Forum Steering Committee Member, Tech Council of Maryland (formerly)
- Frequent speaker at the University of Maryland Robert H. Smith College of Business and Georgetown Law and other organizations
Colorado State University
M.B.A., concentration in finance
Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in accounting
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)