John is the managing partner of Baker Tilly’s Northern Pennsylvania offices. John works closely with clients in Northeastern Pennsylvania and surrounding states to address their tax, financial reporting and business advisory needs.
John’s areas of practice include financial reporting, taxation and consulting, with specializations in large and small commercial entities, primarily closely owned businesses. In addition, John has a niche concentration in physician and law practices.
John is a graduate of the firm’s leadership development program, a three-year program to develop leaders who embrace our values and principles. The program helps our professionals formulate effective management and business development attributes, enhance their leadership capabilities and engage in continuous development.
He supplemented his education with a variety of continuing education courses, including successfully completing an executive session at the Harvard Business School, Leading Professional Services Firms.
- Counsels clients on a wide variety of business issues.
- In addition to traditional accounting, auditing and tax services, experience includes representing clients in front of the IRS and other tax authorities, structuring of stockholder and employment agreements, development and implementation of physician compensation plans, assistance with buying and selling of businesses, assistance with financing arrangements and helping owners evaluate the overall financial health of their business.
- Sought after by national media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and The Manilla Folder
- Licensed CPA in Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- St. Patrick’s Parade Association of Lackawanna County – Executive Committee
University of Scranton
Bachelor of Science
Harvard Business School, Leading Professional Service Firms, executive session