John Basile is a partner in the New York regional offices of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP. He is the Regional Leader of the Financial Services practice group. John represents alternative investment funds and their managers, as well as broker dealers and investment advisory firms. His responsibilities also include developing and implementing the firm’s strategies and developing the group’s key staff. John also serves as a member of the firm’s Board of Partners where his responsibilities include setting overall strategy for the firm as well as management oversight.
- Over twenty-five years of diversified public accounting experience, advising companies in many areas including U.S. GAAP reporting, SEC requirements, and general business advisory matters
- Represents both public and privately-held companies and well-versed in many industry sectors, including real estate, technology, software development and sales, service companies, and equipment leasing
- Significant experience includes investment companies and alternative asset funds, as well as regulated broker dealers and registered investment advisers
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Managed Funds Association (MFA)
- Risk Management Association (RMA)
- Hedge Fund Association (HFA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- SEC Practice Committee, NYSSCPA
- Instructor, Becker CPA review course
- Lecturer, numerous AICPA and NYSSCPA sponsored events
- Board of Directors, POPPA, Inc.
Bachelor of Science, accounting