Jere Shawver, Managing Partner—Assurance and Risk, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 1998. Previously, he served as the Managing Partner for the East Region Consulting Services Practice. He currently serves on the firms’ Board of Partners, as well as its Management and Risk Committees.
Jere directs the overall management of the firm’s assurance practice and risk management, including supervision of the office of general counsel. He has broad experience in assisting complex organizations with financial reporting matters, internal controls and internal audit across industries including hospitality, manufacturing, government contracting, higher education and senior/assisted living.
Jere currently serves as a member of the AICPA’s Auditing Standards Board which is the AICPA’s senior committee for auditing, attestation and quality control applicable to the performance and issuance of audit and attestation reports for nonissuers. In addition, he is the Chairman of the AICPA’s Professional Liability Insurance Program Committee, supervising the program that makes professional liability available to more than 27,000 accounting firms in the United States.
- More than 35 years of service advising companies on financial reporting, accounting and business matters across a wide range of industries, including higher education, hospitality, government contracting, manufacturing and distribution and technology
- Spoken to national and international audiences on the role of internal control in financial reporting and the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley on public companies and their advisors
- Worked with boards, audit committee, CEOs and CFOs on enterprise risk assessments and in establishing and monitoring internal audit functions
- Spent 14 years with a global accounting firm where he worked with public and private organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, Accounting Programs Board, The Mason School of Business, The College of William and Mary, in Virginia
The College of William & Mary
Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting