Jeffrey Horein, Services Managing Partner with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP and President of Baker Tilly Capital, LLC, the wholly-owned private investment banking subsidiary of Baker Tilly, has been with the firm since 1997. Jeff provides manufacturing, distribution, and retail industry clients that are involved in mergers and acquisitions with financing alternatives including private placements and limited partnerships.
- Assisted company with development of business strategy to maximize sale price. Educated owners and developed offering memorandum and sold the business.
- Assisted acquisition group through analysis, development of offer to purchase, obtaining capital and funding, and closing of purchase transactions.
- Directed start-up and joint ventures including development of strategic cost and projection to attract investors and debtors.
- Directed and managed assimilation issues of an acquired company into an existing operation. The assistance included computer systems assimilation, interim financial and human resource functions, and operations implementation.
- Facilitated owners and managers of a $150M recycling company through strategic management process and development of strategies and directives for the company’s future.
- Assisted a client in Wisconsin with the buyout of a product line division from a publicly held company located in California. Facilitated the negotiation strategy, valuation of purchase price, and performed due diligence. This included a successful close well below the seller’s valuation and negotiation of a supply agreement.
- Assisted management of a large animal nutrition company with the financial support and negotiation of performance pay contracts. This ultimately evolved into a management led buyout of the company supported by a significant outside equity partner.
- Extensive experience with closely held organizations dealing with growth and capitalization.
- Led a client through the education of process and provided analysis and support to facilitate a sale of 100% of the stock of his company to an outside investment fund.
- Led acquisition and sale teams throughout the Midwest through dozens of transactions ranging from $2 million to $120 million.
- Assisted several Midwestern acquisition groups through analyzing targets throughout the U.S., developing offer to purchase, obtaining capital and funding, performing due diligence, and closing of purchase transactions.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) - Series 7, 24, and 63 securities licenses
Butler University – Indianapolis, Indiana
Bachelor of Science in Accounting