Frank Walker, partner in our Tysons, Va. office, has been with Baker Tilly since 2005. As leader of the financial advisory services (FAS) practice, with more than 20 years’ public accounting, industry (CFO) and consulting experience, Frank manages professionals skilled in providing transaction advisory and CFO support services. Baker Tilly’s transaction services include financial and tax due diligence, quality of earnings, business valuations, seller preparation assistance, integration support, and structuring and negotiation in connection with mergers and acquisitions. The FAS practice serves the office of the CFO by providing interim management assistance, audit support, financial modeling and analysis and other special project assistance.
Frank started his career at an international accounting firm working in the audit and tax practices and also served as chief financial officer for two high-growth businesses that he led through turnaround, growth, financing, acquisitions and eventual successful exits for shareholders.
- Extensive experience providing financial and tax due diligence, forensic accounting, financial modeling, structuring and negotiation in connection with mergers and acquisitions, significant financing events and special situations; and led or advised on over a billion dollars in transactions in his career
- Leads teams skilled at serving the office of the CFO on projects such as carve out financials, financial restatements, accounting advisory, audit preparation, complex financial modeling, budget preparation, cash flow forecasts, interim finance function support, and process improvement; and led such projects for clients ranging in size from emerging growth to S&P 500 companies
- Provides business valuation services for tax planning, financial reporting, strategic business planning and transaction disputes
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Former Board Member, Audit and Finance Committee, Tech Council of Maryland
- Frank is a frequent speaker on the topic of corporate growth, financing, acquisitions and accounting topics at venues such as the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Association for Corporate Growth
The Catholic University of America – Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Arts in accounting