Eric Nelson, Partner with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, joined the firm in 2015. He has been performing tax services since 1994. He specializes in developing and implementing optimal tax strategies and providing consulting and compliance services to medium to large-sized publicly traded and privately held businesses and their owners. Additionally, throughout his career, Eric has developed a deep understanding of international tax laws and specializes in international tax consulting, compliance, and transfer pricing services.
- Coordinates tax planning strategies and tax compliance services for privately held, private equity, and publicly traded clients.
- Assists clients on all aspects of transactions, including due diligence, structuring, tax attribute maximization, and post-transactional planning.
- Provides ASC 740 (formerly FAS 109 and FIN 48) tax consulting.
- Assists companies with worldwide tax planning including international expansion, local country tax minimization, profit repatriation strategies, financing matters, cross border transactions, and foreign tax credit planning and transfer pricing consulting and compliance services.
- Coordinates with other specialists from within the firm to assist clients in addressing their particular needs.
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Minnesota
- Certified Global Management Accountant
- Member of the Minnesota Society of CPAs
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota)
Department of Business, Bachelor of Arts Degree, Accounting