Don Ryu is a partner of the tax department in the Manhattan offices of Baker Tilly. Prior to joining the firm, he was a tax partner of an international accounting firm and held a national leadership position for many years. He is a frequent speaker on various topics including tax, accounting, current business and economic issues.
- Provides tax advisory services in the area of federal tax, state and local tax, M&A tax, international tax and customs, tax accounting methods and executive tax services
- Over 22 years of extensive experience with day-to-day business operations of business entities ranging from start-ups to large global enterprises operating in an array of industries including automotive, chemical, global distribution, financial services, manufacturing and IT
- Offers various value-added services such as U.S. investment feasibility analysis, site selection and incentive negotiation, entity selection and restructuring, adoption and review of tax accounting methods, fixed asset review and planning, R&D credit analysis, transfer pricing planning, permanent establishment consulting, federal and state tax controversy services
- Extensive experience in serving foreign-owned manufacturing companies, building tax practices within large international tax firms and leading inbound tax work for South Korean and Japanese companies doing business in the U.S.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), CPA and CGMA
- Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the USA
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of New York
- Korean IT Engineers & Entrepreneurs, Member of the Board
- Baruch College, The City University of New York, Adjunct Professor
The University of Texas at Austin
Master of Professional Accounting
Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Business Administration