David has an extensive healthcare economics background, ranging from hospital operations management to managed care underwriting/pricing to reimbursement optimization. Currently, he is responsible for directing projects for all client types, including hospitals, senior living providers, health plans, and life sciences and technology companies. His specialties include financial analysis and reimbursement modeling, strategic planning and marketing, new technology value analysis and reimbursement assessments, hospital revenue cycle reengineering, health plan medical expense reviews, and value-added managed care program development and contract negotiations.
David was previously employed by Prudential Insurance Company of America, responsible for network development for all of Prudential’s managed care products in the Hudson Valley in New York. He also served as Prudential’s regulatory liaison for New York and Connecticut, a senior underwriting consultant for five of Prudential’s largest managed care accounts, and the coordinator of Prudential’s managed care feasibility study unit. His previous experience includes five years of institutional operations management at New York University Medical Center, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center-Westchester Division, and the Westchester County Medical Center. His responsibilities there included fiscal analysis and operations management.
- Directs financial operations engagements for hospitals and health plans which have resulted in positive economic impacts for clients
- Directs strategic initiatives, operational reviews and transformations for provider and health plan clients, including assessments of hospital, senior living and physician care management programs and services
- Directs numerous projects for life sciences and technology companies that have resulted in widespread market access, peer-reviewed publications and posters as well as reimbursement optimization tools
- Advanced Medical Technology Association
- America’s Health Insurance Plans
- American College of Health Care Executives (fellow)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Special Olympics New Jersey, executive committee
- Special Olympics Bergen County, local training program coordinator and head coach
- DECA State Conference, volunteer judge
- Camp Acorn, fundraising committee
- Regularly presents strategic and operational material at numerous association seminars, including several national AdvaMed and Healthcare Financial Management Association meetings, the National Association of Managed Care Physicians Spring and Fall Forums, America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Business Forum, the National ACO Congress, the Association of Surgical Technologists national meeting, and the American College of Cardiology national conference
- Peer-reviewed publications: American Health & Drug Benefits, Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, Innovations: Technology and Techniques in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Journal of Managed Care Medicine, Managed Care, and Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research
- Poster presentations: “Cost-Effectiveness in the Acute Setting of Cardiogenic Shock Complicating AMI” and “Population Management Considerations for Payers and Accountable Care Organizations” “Important Population Management Considerations for Percutaneous Cardiac Assist Devices”
The College of Wooster
Bachelor of Science in Biology
New York University
Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy
Recent national presentations: ACO Congress, HFMA – National, N.J., Pa.; ACC; Q1 National Reimbursement Conference; AdvaMed 2014 (national panel with Aetna, Medtronic and Va.); MedAxiom Case Management Summit; Exl Pharma 3rd Partnering with ACOs Summit; National Association of Managed Care Physicians (NAMCP); and AICPA – N.J., Pa., and Leading Age – N.J., Pa, Wisc.